Welcome to Britbet!
We are looking for Customer Service Assistant to work with us in our Betting team the public, restaurant and hospitality areas in some of our 55 racecourses around the UK. When you apply you will be able to chose your most local racecourse as your 'home course' and see the regional team it is a part of.
Who are we?
Britbet are a partnership set up by the majority of British racecourses in order to provide betting to racecourse customers and other racing enthusiasts. We sell 'Tote’ branded bets to racecourse customers as a key part of the race day experience. We're currently looking for enthusiastic people to join our organisation at Cheltenham Racecourse and the surrounding area and you could be one of them.
Who are we looking for?
· Applicants 18+
· Excellent customer service skills - 1 year experience preferred
· Ability to work with cash confidently/good mental arithimetics - 1 year experience preferred
· Confident speaking to the general public
· Drivers/keen travellers are ideal for most regions
· No prior experience needed as paid training is provided.
What does the role entail?
· You will place the customers bet/s on the terminals when approached
· Pay out winnings to customers who present you with a winning ticket
· Providing an excellent level of customer service
· Cash handling effectively and cash up your float at the end of each race day
· Confident in talking to customers about their day, as well as odds and non-runners etc (this is displayed on your screen) - going the extra mile to provide a pleasant, friendly experience for all
Why work for us?
· Working in a friendly and supportive environment
· A fun and fast-paced customer service role
· Competitive hourly pay and holiday pay
· Receive travel pay to work at other racecourses
· Work at some of the most prestigious racecourses and racing events in the country
· Casual work, no minimum amount of hours to complete
· Free on-site parking
Salary: £11.00-£12.00 per hour + holiday pay
We hope to hear from you soon!