Payroll Assistant - Part Time, Remote
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a part time payroll assistant to process our monthly payroll which includes approximately 50 permanent salaried staff and between 450 and 750 zero hours/casual workers paid by the hour. The role is offered on an initial 6 month basis with the potential to move to permanent.
Our payroll is run on a monthly basis paid on 17th of each month (or the last working day prior). This role would initially require 8 days per month on a flexible basis to be agreed.
- Prepare and process input data for the salaried and zero hours/casual staff ensuring individuals are paid accurately within the required timescales
- Import New Starters and process leavers including P45 production each month
- Work closely with the HR & Payroll Manager and HR Administrator to address any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Ensure the payroll system (SAGE Payroll) is maintained with accurate and timely application of all tax code updates, National Insurance rate changes, hourly rate/salary increases, Statutory payments, enhanced Maternity/ Paternity and sickness payments, auto enrolment and private pension updates
- Provide the HR & Payroll Manager with accurate reports to enable checking prior to submitting the monthly payments
- Prepare and process BACS payments as well as filing of EPS and FPS returns
- Preparation and submission of year end returns for online filing to include production of P60s
- Supporting the HR & Payroll Manager with annual P11D data gathering and document production
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience using SAGE Payroll or similar software
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications specifically Excel (use of pivot tables and vlookup functionality)
- An understanding of payroll legislation to ensure compliance in all processes
- Knowledge and experience of producing statutory payroll documents including P45, P60, P11D etc
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping
- An understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive information/data and the legal requirements of the Data Protection Act/GDPR and Freedom of Information Act
- Good organisational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Self motivated and able to work on your own initiative and to high standards
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.